See and be seen, day or night
- Provides visual and audible alerts to warn of vehicles approaching from behind up to 140 metres away
- Tail light offers daylight visibility up to a 1.6 km (1 mile) away and is visible within a 220-degree range, so drivers can see you well before the radar sees the vehicle
- Sleek vertical design easily mounts to most road-use bicycles, including racing, touring and commuter styles
- Requires a dedicated radar display unit (sold separately) or wirelessly integrates with compatible Garmin devices¹
- Battery life: up to 15 hours in flashing mode or 6 hours in solid or night flash mode
This sensor has your backWhile out on a ride, you have to keep track of everything. What’s your route, how far you’re going, how fast and how hard you’re going to push it. But with Varia radar along for the ride, it’s like having eyes in the back of your helmet. It’s essentially an early warning system so you see cars approaching from behind and ¬ they see you.
Safety in numbersVaria™ RTL510 rear-view radar is just one part of cycling awareness. When paired with compatible Garmin devices the system helps to create safer riding conditions by alerting riders to vehicles approaching from behind. Green light? All good. Amber light? A vehicle is approaching. Red light? Take care — a vehicle is approaching at high speed. Ride safe.
¹ COMPATIBLE DEVICES: Edge 1030, Edge 130, Edge 25, Edge 1000, Edge 810, Edge 820, Edge 520, Edge 520 Plus, fēnix 5S/5/5X Plus, fēnix 5S/5/5X, fēnix Chronos, Forerunner 735XT, Forerunner 935, Varia Vision In-sight Display, vivoactive 3 and vivoactive HR.