Competitive? It goes without saying. The Epic Pro is a no-holds-barred kind of bike. We’ve taken our famed Epic chassis—the most efficient and capable XC racer on the market—and draped it with components that perform under the most brutal of conditions, season after season.
Race courses have evolved. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging. The Epic stays well ahead of the curve, with handling that’s nimble, yet confident and controlled. A longer reach, slacker head angle, and custom fork offset all play a part here. Evolution, it turns out, is a beautiful thing.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• Race-proven, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain suspension—nothing’s faster.
• Lightweight, Brain-equipped RockShox SID fork—firm during sprints, plush over the hits.
• SRAM X01 Eagle drivetrain bangs out perfectly executed shifts, time after time, year after year.
- Full fact 11m carbon-fiber frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver a peerless race bike—at any price. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- This Epic’s custom Brain-equipped RockShox SID fork is decidedly smart—firm during sprints, plush over the hits—no lockout levers required.
- SRAM's X01 Eagle drivetrain gives you the gear range to hammer any climb, as well as seasons worth of quick and precise shifts.
- Hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25mm internal width hookless rim, ensuring great traction and minimize rolling resistance—in less geeky terms, these hoops are your ticket to instant acceleration.
|CHAIN||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|CRANKSET||SRAM X1 carbon Eagle, Boost™ 148, DUB, 170/175mm, 32T|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM X01 Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed|
|FORK||RockShox SID Brain 29, Solo Air, Position Sensitive, top-adjust Brain Fade, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h|
|REAR HUB||DT Swiss 350, Star Ratchet, 36t engagement, SRAM XD driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Industry|
|RIMS||Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready|
|FRONT TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power, Hollow Titanium rails, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||Carbon, single-bolt, 30.9mm|
|STEM||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Level TLM, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Level TLM, hydraulic disc|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm|
|FRAME||Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
Epic - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||568mm||596mm||623mm||647mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||105mm||120mm||140mm|
|Bike Standover Height||764mm||770mm||776mm||799mm|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|