Ripping around between the tape is one way to worship at the altar of speed, but for all the other long, fast rides or marathon races on technical terrain, there's our all-new Epic Expert EVO.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• Race-proven, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain suspension—nothing’s faster.
• Increased control courtesy of an ultralight and ultra-capable Fox Step-Cast 34 fork.
• SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain gives you all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest climbs.
- Full fact 11m carbon-fiber frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver a peerless race bike—at any price. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- Some people might call it overkill—our decision to spec the Expert Carbon EVO with a Fox Step-Cast 34 fork. But get on the EVO and it immediately makes sense—you get the bump-eating prowess of a longer-travel fork in a light, flex-free package. If that’s overkill, you can always sign us up for some overkill.
- The 12-speed SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain gives you all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbs—in a simple, precise and durable package. Goodbye, front derailleurs. We don’t need you anymore.
- Hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 25mm internal width hookless rim, ensuring optimal traction and rolling resistance properties.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.
|CHAIN||SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|CRANKSET||Truvativ STYLO, DUB|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM GX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed, 10-50t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed|
|FORK||FOX Performance Step-Cast 34, Grip damper, Boost™, 44mm offset, 120mm of travel|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm spacing, 28h|
|REAR HUB||DT Swiss 370, SRAM XD 3-pawl driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Industry|
|RIMS||Roval Control Carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready|
|FRONT TIRE||Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|SEATPOST||X-Fusion manic, 30.9mm, (S: 100mm, M-XL: 125mm)|
|STEM||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM G2 RS, hydraulic disc, organic pads, G2 S4 4-piston caliper|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM G2 RS, hydraulic disc, organic pads, G2 S4 4-piston caliper|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm|
|FRAME||Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
Epic EVO - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||571mm||599mm||626mm||650mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||73.8°||73.8°||73.8°||73.8°|
|Head Tube Angle||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||105mm||120mm||140mm|
|Bike Standover Height||772mm||777mm||782mm||804mm|
|Fork Length, Full||526mm||526mm||526mm||526mm|