You can make one hell of a race whip out of aluminum. At least you can if the material in question is our ultralight M5 premium alloy. It's lightweight, stiff, and can also take a beating. And with the Epic Comp, you also get the latest Brain suspension technology that's made the Epic famous.
FAST STARTS HERE
With more World Championship titles and Olympic medals than anyone can count, the Epic is truly the fastest cross-country bike on the planet. Quick and flat, rowdy and technical, punchy and hard—no matter the course, the ultralight and efficient Epic brings home the win.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• Race-proven, M5 aluminum chassis and ingenious Brain suspension.
• RockShox Reba RL fork features Motion Control “lock-out” lever.
• SRAM Eagle drivetrain gives you all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest climbs.
- M5 premium aluminum with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic one of the best handling, fastest XC rigs available at any price.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- A RockShox Reba RL fork soaks up the bumps up front, and features both compression and rebound adjustments.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle—all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbs—in a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
|CHAIN||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|CRANKSET||Truvativ STYLO, DUB|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed|
|FORK||RockShox Reba RL 29, Motion Control damper, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 100mm of travel|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h|
|REAR HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h|
|INNER TUBES||Standard, Presta valve|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Industry|
|RIMS||Roval Control Alloy 29", 25mm internal width|
|FRONT TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|SEATPOST||Specialized, alloy, single-bolt, 30.9mm|
|STEM||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Level TL, hydraulic disc|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm|
|FRAME||Specialized M5 Aluminum w/ D'Aluisio Smartweld Technology, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
Epic - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||548mm||568mm||597mm||624mm||647mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||385mm||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||95mm||110mm||125mm||140mm|
|Bike Standover Height||765mm||765mm||768mm||771mm||775mm|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|