We took our ultralight and efficient carbon-fiber Epic chassis and then added a mix of components that increases your fun factor without also making your checking account weep. The end result is this bike right here. The Epic Comp Carbon EVO is proof that sometimes you actually can have it all.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• Race-proven, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain suspension—nothing’s faster.
• 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork increases the EVO’s downhill capability.
• An X-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost increases control on steep descents.
- Full fact 11m carbon-fiber frame combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver a peerless race bike—at any price. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of travel, make the Epic the best handling, fastest XC rig you've been on.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- An extra 20 millimeters goes a long way when it comes to boosting a fork’s ability to suck up bumps. That’s why we’ve equipped the EVO with a 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle—all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbs—in a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.
|CHAIN||SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||SRAM DUB, threaded BB|
|CRANKSET||Truvativ STYLO, DUB|
|SHIFT LEVERS||SRAM NX Eagle, trigger, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed, 11-50t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed|
|FORK||RockShox Reba RL 29, Motion Control damper, 42mm offset, 15x110mm thru-axle, 120mm of travel|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm|
|FRONT HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 15x110mm thru-axle, 24h|
|REAR HUB||Specialized, sealed cartridge bearings, 12x148mm thru-axle, 28h|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Industry|
|RIMS||Roval Control Alloy 29", 25mm internal width|
|FRONT TIRE||Ground Control, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, GRID casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry Power Sport, hollow Cr-Mo rails|
|SEATPOST||X-Fusion manic, 30.9mm, (S: 100mm, M-XL: 125mm)|
|STEM||Specialized XC, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||Specialized Alloy Minirise, 10mm rise, 750mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|FRONT BRAKE||SRAM Guide RS, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper|
|REAR BRAKE||SRAM Guide RS, hydraulic disc, organic pads, Guide S4 4-piston caliper|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm|
|FRAME||Specialized FACT 11m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
Epic EVO - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||571mm||599mm||626mm||650mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||73.8°||73.8°||73.8°||73.8°|
|Head Tube Angle||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°||68.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||105mm||120mm||140mm|
|Bike Standover Height||772mm||777mm||782mm||804mm|
|Fork Length, Full||526mm||526mm||526mm||526mm|