For years now, one bike could always be counted on as a threat in any XC race—the S-Works Epic. The S-Works Epic has stormed its way to more World Championship titles and Olympic medals than anyone can count. This, right here, is the fast track to the podium.
Race courses have evolved. They're more technical, steeper, and more challenging. The Epic stays well ahead of the curve, with handling that’s nimble, yet confident and controlled. A longer reach, slacker head angle, and custom fork offset all play a part here. Evolution, it turns out, is a beautiful thing.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
• S-Works, carbon chassis and ingenious Brain-equipped suspension—nothing’s faster.
• RockShox SID Brain Ultimate fork—it’s firm during sprints and plush over the hits.
• Shimano XTR 12-speed drivetrain provides lightning-quick and precise shifts.
- You're looking at our lightest, quickest version of the Epic frame, meticulously constructed from Fact 12m fiber. It's the same chassis that's won numerous World Champsionip and national titles. Proven under the most demanding conditions, favored by the world's best riders. The S-Works Epic chassis has no rivals.
- Meet Brain 2.0. We mounted the latest generation Brain shock closer to the axle, making it responsive to the smallest of bumps. We also reduced oil turbulence for consistent suspension performance, no matter how big and fast the hits come. Next, we ditched the Brain’s original floating piston for a bladder system that yields even smoother action. The world’s smartest suspension just got even smarter.
- Our custom RockShox SID Ultimate fork with Brain features a full-carbon upper, top-adjust Brain Fade, and a custom offset, making it the perfect match to the new Epic.
- Shimano XTR 12-speed drivetrain provides lightning-quick and precise shifts, season after season of hard-fought racing.
- The Roval Control SL carbon wheels are the ultimate XC wheelset. They feature a 25mm internal width for optimal grip and rolling resistance, a strong, hookless bead rim construction, and weigh-in at a scant 1320g.
|CHAIN||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Threaded, 30mm spindle|
|CRANKSET||Race Face Next SL, 170/175mm|
|SHIFT LEVERS||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed|
|CASSETTE||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, 10-51t|
|REAR DERAILLEUR||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, Shadow Plus|
|FORK||RockShox SID Brain Ultimate, top-adjust Brain Fade, tapered carbon crown and steerer, 15x110mm Maxle® Stealth thru-axle, 42mm offset, 100mm of travel|
|REAR SHOCK||Custom RockShox Micro Brain shock w/ Spike Valve, AUTOSAG, 51x257mm|
|FRONT HUB||Roval Control SL, sealed cartridge bearings, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h|
|REAR HUB||Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Star Ratchet, 54t engagement, DT Swiss Microspline driver body, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 28h|
|INNER TUBES||Presta, 60mm valve|
|SPOKES||DT Swiss Competition Race|
|RIMS||Roval Control SL, hookless carbon, 25mm internal width, tubeless-ready, hand-built|
|FRONT TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|REAR TIRE||Fast Trak, Control casing, GRIPTON® compound, 60 TPI, 2Bliss Ready, 29x2.3"|
|SADDLE||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base, 143mm|
|SEATPOST||S-Works FACT carbon, 10mm setback, 30.9mm|
|STEM||S-Works SL, alloy, titanium bolts, 6-degree rise|
|HANDLEBARS||S-Works Carbon XC Mini Rise, 6-degree upsweep, 8-degree backsweep, 10mm rise, 760mm, 31.8mm|
|GRIPS||Specialized Trail Grips|
|FRONT BRAKE||Shimano XTR Race M-9100|
|REAR BRAKE||Shimano XTR Race M-9100|
|SEAT BINDER||Alloy, 34.9mm, titanium bolt|
|FRAME||S-Works FACT 12m, XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 100mm of travel|
Epic - Geometry
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||568mm||596mm||623mm||647mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°||74.75°|
|Head Tube Angle||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°||69.5°|
|Seat Tube Length||400mm||434mm||470mm||520mm|
|Head Tube Length||95mm||105mm||120mm||140mm|
|Bike Standover Height||764mm||770mm||776mm||799mm|
|Fork Length, Full||506mm||506mm||506mm||506mm|